Cherry cross stacked "continued craigslist appreciation"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Cross stacked the cherry for max sun and wind exposure. Hope it stays up a few months

Attachments

• cherry cross stack.jpg
    cherry cross stack.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 378
Those are pretty stable. Dennis does his that way too.
When filling the woodshed, I ended up doing that on the ends where the stacks met the exterior walls to keep the wood from pushing out the wall.

It does take extra time to adjust and choose the appropiate split. Has to be a much faster drying technique.

PapaDave said:
Those are pretty stable. Dennis does his that way too.
When filling the woodshed, I ended up doing that on the ends where the stacks met the exterior walls to keep the wood from pushing out the wall.

Hey Dave, I cross stack only on the ends.

Gzecc, I don't find that it takes much extra time to stack that way. However, you might consider splitting the logs into a rectangular shape for easier cross-stacking. I always try to split several like that when splitting. The next time you might also leave more space between the rows for more air circulation.

Dennis, These were already split for me- free from craigslist!. I would have chopped off more of the punk if I were splitting. I left about 2 feet between the rows.
These rows are 80% seasoned already.

Sorry, I did catch that in the other thread but had not read that before posting here.

That should make some good wood for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.