Cherry Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went back in and grabbed this cherry (about 40 rounds) I cut it up in about three sections then bucked those up for the wood stove, I had to winch the last part down.

Attached are some pictures while cutting then coming out the woodlands with some of the rounds.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1107.jpg
    100_1107.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 100_1108.jpg
    100_1108.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_1109.jpg
    100_1109.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_1113.jpg
    100_1113.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 306
cmonSTART said:
Cherry is one of my favorite woods to burn. It dries very quickly in my experience.

cmonSTART that was what we burned for most of last year.

zap

Cherry is what I mostly burn here, I am looking forward to burning some other stuff too like Locust, Ash, Beech and the Oak if it is ready. Cherry always seems to ready pretty quick and gives a decent burn. It smells good too, although I cannot really smell it in the wood stove.

Cherry is what I mostly burn here, I am looking forward to burning some other stuff too like Locust, Ash, Beech and the Oak if it is ready. Cherry always seems to ready pretty quick and gives a decent burn. It smells good too, although I cannot really smell it in the wood stove.

GolfandWoodNut said:

I'm always stopping to sniff cherry splits when I'm splitting . . . it's an addiction . . . occasionally my wife catches me in the act and I feel a bit foolish sniffing wood.

At least you are not sniffing a ROUND.

zap

firefighterjake said:
GolfandWoodNut said:

I'm always stopping to sniff cherry splits when I'm splitting . . . it's an addiction . . . occasionally my wife catches me in the act and I feel a bit foolish sniffing wood.
+1 Love the smell. Seems like it's hard to get cherry around here. Oak isn't to difficult to find; there are lots of cherry standing but if it's taken down its not left around for the taking.

heatit said:
firefighterjake said:
GolfandWoodNut said:

+1 Love the smell. Seems like it's hard to get cherry around here. Oak isn't to difficult to find; there are lots of cherry standing but if it's taken down its not left around for the taking.

Seems like Cherry is the tree that likes to come down on our property, I still have 7-8 that I have to buck up that are down that I've found.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.