Cherry Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We received about 8 inches of snow overnight so I decided I would still try getting back in and drop the topped off Cherry. Everything was going good until the 1st run out (half loads), I had some winching and shoveling I did on the first load coming out but I got it out then made a second run back in, attached are some pictures.

Attachments

• 100_2587.jpg
    100_2587.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 451
  • 100_2588.jpg
    100_2588.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 383
  • 100_2589.jpg
    100_2589.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_2590-1.jpg
    100_2590-1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 369
  • 100_2591.jpg
    100_2591.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_2593.jpg
    100_2593.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_2595.jpg
    100_2595.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 372
  • 100_2596.jpg
    100_2596.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 388
hi Zap, looks nice....you do have a condition..."can't sit still must get wood" lol

jimosufan said:
hi Zap, looks nice....you do have a condition..."can't sit still must get wood" lol

If you see chains on the front tires then the condition just got worse. :vampire:

Zap

See? This is good! I decided not to go get wood yesterday because it'd be more work than wood.

You are seriously addicted Dude!!

Rock on!

IcyDBs

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
See? This is good! I decided not to go get wood yesterday because it'd be more work than wood.

You are seriously addicted Dude!!

Rock on!

IcyDBs

The boys in the town plow truck had a good laugh, when I winched the rhino out from the back they went by. Calling in the morning for chains for the front.

Zap

maxed_out said:
Looks like you just got a dusting!

8 inches overnight but none of the dreaded ice.

Zap

not sure what looks like more fun zap? playing in the rhino or getting that beauty cherry ;-)

loon

loon said:
not sure what looks like more fun zap? playing in the rhino or getting that beauty cherry ;-)

loon

The playing in the rhino! Loon how much snow did you get your way?

Zap

Don't you have a ski kit for the trailer Zap?

SolarAndWood said:
Don't you have a ski kit for the trailer Zap?

$300. dollars for a set, not yet. I just have to run the part of the entrance from the road without the trailer so it packs down and I should be good, the second run was a breeze.

Calling in the morning to check on chains for the front tires and that should take care of it.

Zap

The snow we got here while not a lot was really dense and super slick when compacted. The snow blower didn't touch it tonight. Had to get the tractor out. Was pretty shameful to have to pull the Chevy out of a snow bank with the old Ford.

SolarAndWood said:
The snow we got here while not a lot was really dense and super slick when compacted. The snow blower didn't touch it tonight. Had to get the tractor out. Was pretty shameful to have to pull the Chevy out of a snow bank with the old Ford.

We had another 4 inches of snow overnight but we never did get the heavy wet snow they forecast.

Zap

We got the nice fluffy stuff off the lake last night too. The blower much prefers it to that nonsense from the Gulf of Mexico. Couple days of sunshine and we should be back to black top before the next round.

Looks like a perfect day for you to knock your trails down with the new front chains on the Rhino.

SolarAndWood said:
We got the nice fluffy stuff off the lake last night too. The blower much prefers it to that nonsense from the Gulf of Mexico. Couple days of sunshine and we should be back to black top before the next round.

Looks like a perfect day for you to knock your trails down with the new front chains on the Rhino.

Might order a Oregon 108181 for sharpening chainsaw chains instead of the chains for the rhino.

Zap

SolarAndWood said:

Solar I just ordered the chains for the front tires for the Rhino, he said they might be in tomorrow.

Zap

The Rhino is going to be a tank with chains all the way around.

SolarAndWood said:
The Rhino is going to be a tank with chains all the way around.

It should give me that extra traction I need, and if it makes a big difference I'll try and get to a few areas that I was working before the last snow hit.

Still have two Sugar Maple that are topped off and dying that I want to get.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.