Child Labor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
Daughter & Granddaughter both landed jobs selling donuts at the Krispy Kreme in Albuquerque. :lol:

Attachments

• Krispy.jpg
    Krispy.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 319
Krispy Kreme doughnuts rock Foss....nothin like them fresh from the oven.... %-P
We have a shop here..
Great pic!!!

She'll grow into that hat before you know it.
Then you'll have a helper.
Nice picture "Grandpa"

You can be proud Rick.

I love it !!!

I don't always eat donuts, but when I do, I prefer Krispy Kreme

Great pic!

pen

Boy, that was quick! There'll be no coddlin' the slackers in this crew, eh?

Krispy Kremes were all the rage here awhile back . . . despite the fact they never made it up this far . . . and then all the hoopla over them died out . . . are they still just as popular? Seems like Dunkin' Donuts and Tim Hortons are preferred up this way.

Jake, if you make it down to Mohegan Sun this winter - they have a production line in there for the KK donuts......the only way to describe eating a fresh one is that it is like a sweet cloud - so light, and yet so sweet!

Glazed are fine - but if you have the hankering, a jelly filled glazed is sinful.

Krispy Kremes are a southern tradition, and until I moved north, I did not know that doughnuts were not all yeast raised and slathered in sugar. My home town, Savannah, had one of the earliest franchises, and it has always done well for itself. If I could eat just one, I would have them more often.

Fundraising groups (Girl Scouts, etc) would regularly set up shop outside the South Parking entrances to the Pentagon in the morning and sell a zillion $$$ worth of boxes of Krispy Kremes to all of us arriving for work. With more than 20,000 people working in that one office building, there were plenty of potential customers. The donuts are uniquely scrumptious. Rick

Mmmm donuts. The Krispy Kreme store in Altoona (PA) close a year or two ago. Krispy Kremes are one of my favorite donuts, especially when warm. Local groups used to sell them as fundraisers. I could go for a few right before bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.