chimney brush recommendations needed !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
I have a 8 inch flexi stainless steel linear and was wondering weather I should use a metal bristle brush or the nylon bristle brush ?? or anything else?

Thank You

I use the poly brush for my 8" liner. Due to a ovalized portion and bend near the bottom I use two brushes. A standard 8" with rods for the top and another that I trimmed down to fit through using the rope method.

I use a poly brush on my SS flex liner and it works great. I believe many manufacturers recommend using a poly brush for SS flex.

I think you'll find that most folks recommend the poly brush for liners.

I use a metal brush from my local hardware store. Down the chimney and then back up and she is clean. I think the Poly Brush folks are nuts...

CTwoodburner said:
I use a metal brush from my local hardware store. Down the chimney and then back up and she is clean. I think the Poly Brush folks are nuts...

Well they didn't knickname me Psycho in college for nothing. . . . ;)

My professional opinion is to use poly brushes. I am not gonna risk getting a wire brush stuck or ripping a customers liner with it. Go poly and have no worries.

kwikrp said:
I have a 8 inch flexi stainless steel linear and was wondering weather I should use a metal bristle brush or the nylon bristle brush ?? or anything else?

Thank You

This is the brush we use except ours is a six inch, works great for us.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1734.jpg
    100_1734.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_1735.jpg
    100_1735.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.