Chimney Cleaned Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I think it's a little worst then last year but we have been burning down the coals more creating cooler flue temps.

Attached are some before and after pictures.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2493.jpg
    100_2493.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_2495.jpg
    100_2495.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_2496.jpg
    100_2496.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_2497.jpg
    100_2497.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_2498.jpg
    100_2498.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 197
Zap, I think you really need to get in there with a small wire brush and really scrub that thing clean! Just kidding. Looks good.

zap, whenever this cold breaks, I'm going to shut down the stove and check the flue. Cleaned the cap a few days ago, and again yesterday (didn't really need it, but I was up there), but I haven't used the brush this year. I need to take a flashlight with me.
Yours didn't look so bad.

PapaDave said:
zap, whenever this cold breaks, I'm going to shut down the stove and check the flue. Cleaned the cap a few days ago, and again yesterday (didn't really need it, but I was up there), but I haven't used the brush this year. I need to take a flashlight with me.
Yours didn't look so bad.

I was expecting worse, one good thing it's fluffy and not shiny.

zap

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I think you really need to get in there with a small wire brush and really scrub that thing clean! Just kidding. Looks good.

Sav. I tried to put a twist on it when cleaning (per hogwildz/ hope I spelled that right) but the brush is so tight I can't.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.