Chimney Reverse Draft Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James02

Feeling the Heat
Aug 18, 2011
N.Y.S.
Just happened to me....loaded up, left to wash up and it was like a fog machine....someone posted up a few days ago, what safty eqpt to have.....fire ext...quick blast...look on hearth.com....find BB post and proceed....thanks BB! Hope that's my only issue!

Update.... I cannot get my fire going now....I had flames after the little issue I had, now I can't kkeep it going. Not doing anything different, but there is smoke seen out of the cap....what gives?

You said in the other thread that you shot an extinguisher in there. If you did that powder is doing its job.

Can't remember what kind of stove this is (adding it to your sig line is helpful)

Did you empty the contents of the stove after shooting the extinguisher?

Also, if you can get to the air intake sometimes using a hair drying on it helps getting the draft in the right direction. If you can, before you start you can hold it for a while aiming it above the baffle board to get warm air moving. Others have had luck w/ setting a propane torch in the stove running for a while.

pen

Got it going not....thanks folks! I did not cause I'm absent minded, clean out the ash bed....thought that might be my issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.