Chipper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bought a Wallenstein BX 42s chipper for my tractor. Works really well up to 4" stuff. Just wondering if anyone else has one or similar and what they do to look after it. Any do's or don't?

'bert

I have a 5" chipper for my Bobcat. When it starts spitting dust you need to sharpen the blades. Wear hearing protection and eye protection when using it. Follow the stickers and don't put your body in the machine!

I have a bear cat pto 4 1/2 inch chipper . Definitely hearing and eye protection . I prefer not to chip frozen if I can avoid it . Green and wet seems to be the easiest on the knives . I have a truck loader on it and if you dump the chips on a pile they are kinda like silage they will get pretty warm inside and the pile

Status
Not open for further replies.