Chips & Rust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

heatedpyro

Feb 29, 2024
United States
Just bought a new home that came with a pellet stove which I love, but I noticed that there chips in the porcelain and rust within the chips and on the bottom of the stove. I'm worried about safety, usability, and aesthetics in that order. I believe it is a Harmon Absolute 63.

Are thse chips & rust something I should be worried about, and how can I go about fixing them?

IMG_7891.jpg
IMG_7892.jpg
IMG_7893.jpg

The only thing I can see that would remotely be cause for fairly near future concern is around the door to the ash bin (and even that is probably fine for a couple of years). If you could only fix/repair one part of the stove, that would be it. Or, if you have the will to do several/all spots, do the legs and other aesthetic areas first, for practice, then do where the door seals (get a smoother finished product so there aren't issues with the seal).