Christmas at my in-laws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadfoot

Dec 30, 2009
S.E. Oklahoma
Great photos, very nice looking home.

Where abouts in OK? I lived in Atoka and Coalgate in the late 70s. I really liked the country. But there was just no work.

Cutter said:
Where abouts in OK? I lived in Atoka and Coalgate in the late 70s. I really liked the country. But there was just no work.

I live in Knot Hole Ok. in the Poteau river valley (born and raised) My in-laws (mother-in-law) is in Marble City just past Brushy North of Sallisaw.

Leadfoot,

Awesome home! Love the way the arrowheads are displayed!

Shari

Beautiful home thanx for the pics! I love those old log homes!

Ray

When I picture my dream home in my head it is exactly like that cabin. It wood be on top of a mountain on 100 acres with no neighbors.(lots of woods)

The home was my in-laws dream home. They moved the house and out buildings log by log to the location and rebuilt. They closed in the breezeway and my mother-in-law built the chimneys herself! :)
There is a wood burning cook stove in the kitchen that has never been fired but is ready if ever needed. I love going there.
My father-in-law was Cherokee and a very good man. We lost him 7 months ago so my mother-in-law takes care of the place now.

Leadfoot said:
The home was my in-laws dream home. They moved the house and out buildings log by log to the location and rebuilt. They closed in the breezeway and my mother-in-law built the chimneys herself! :)
There is a wood burning cook stove in the kitchen that has never been fired but is ready if ever needed. I love going there.
My father-in-law was Cherokee and a very good man. We lost him 7 months ago so my mother-in-law takes care of the place now.

Interesting story... Sorry to hear about your Father-In-Law I am sure it is hard for his spouse dealing with that by herself..

Ray

In the words of John Mellencamp, "Ain't that America..." That is a true slice of Americana there, my friend. Looks like it was a nice Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.