Christmas movie chainsaw trivia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
We watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the first time in a long time last night and I only just now realized that the saw Clark Griswold uses in the movie is a McCulloch 610! Maybe old news to some but I thought it was cool since the 610 was the first saw I ever owned. Best shot I could find:

3641583_std.jpg

I got mine free from a guy who bought it new 25 years ago but had moved to a new house with no stove so it sat in his garage for years with fuel in it. It took some doing but I got it going. It's heavy, shaky, and loud but it's still fun to use-guess I ought to make it my official Christmas tree saw-I might get some funny looks carrying a 60cc saw with a 24" bar around at a Christmas tree farm though :lol:

Bought a 610 new in 1986. Cut many a cord of wood with that saw until one day it popped a fuel line in the cut and I stood behind a tree and watched it melt completely down. After I rolled putting my clothes out seeing as how they were on fire too.

Hmmm... That would have made a good video.

The Christmas card..

four saws

When loading the truck to cut more trees, they have a Stihl and a Craftmen, when they get out of the truck and grab the chainsaws, they are a Homelite and an Echo.

That was a pretty funny movie no doubt. Over the top in about every way. I love when that tree breaks through the yuppie's window next door. There's a little Clark in every guy who wants soemthing better for his family I suppose.

[quote author="Badfish740" date="1324689882"I might get some funny looks carrying a 60cc saw with a 24" bar around at a Christmas tree farm though :lol:[/quote]

Esp w/mask.

firecracker_77 said:
That was a pretty funny movie no doubt. Over the top in about every way. I love when that tree breaks through the yuppie's window next door. There's a little Clark in every guy who wants soemthing better for his family I suppose.

It's a family tradition in our house to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and a Christmas Story every year around Christmas time. The last part is so true-my dad, brother, and I always joke around with each other whenever somebody goes a little nuts (huge tree, crazy lights, etc...) by saying "OK Clark..." :lol:

snowleopard said:
[quote author="Badfish740" date="1324689882"I might get some funny looks carrying a 60cc saw with a 24" bar around at a Christmas tree farm though :lol:

Esp w/mask.

Now THAT would be fun.

From The Burbs, same year as Christmas Vacation (1989). Wonder what's on the other end?

Attachments

• burbs.jpg
    burbs.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 507
Status
Not open for further replies.