chunks of creosote /Pacific Energy summit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flapper

Hello all,

I have had a Pacific Energy summit classic wood stove installed on November 20th 2008. It has
been running 24/7 since install. I went on the roof just to check it out for creosote & around the
outside of the ( stainless steel pipe) chimney cap I can see chunks of creosote on the grate also I can see
the normal creosote forming on the inside of the pipe. My question is are the chunks of creosote
normal? also how often should I sweep it the pipe its about 6'or 7 'of stainless & 5' of the 24 gauge stove pipe.
The stove has performed well beyond my expectations, excellent stove !!

Dan in upstate NY (Broome county)

This depends entirely on the wood burned and how hot the stove is being run. If the wood contains several less seasoned pieces, it's going to eventually start clogging up the screen. Burning a hot fire once a day can help keep this in check, but burning dry wood is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.