Circulator relay switch question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Stanley

Feeling the Heat
Dec 31, 2007
Southern ME
chickfarm.com
Here's a shot of the inside cover of the ones used on my oil boiler. Can someone look at this and tell me in plain english what each connection shown is for, like what does r/t mean? 6no/ etc? and what the capabilities of this relay are? Like, can it be used to control more than one pump? If so can it give one priority over the other?

Thank You

Attachments

• circulator relay switch.jpg
    circulator relay switch.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 244
This is a DPDT (Double Pole, Double Throw) relay. The numbers are the terminal IDs. You have power in (L1 L2), T-stat/control ckt input (R/T G/T C), and output from the relay. Basically you can discriminate between two loads, with either side being either in a off (N/O) or on (N/C) state. Either side can be on, off or a combination. Energizing/De-energizing the relay will reverse those conditions.

Hope that did not confuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.