CL ad keeps getting flagged?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nater

Jan 3, 2011
Southern Maine
I am trying to post an ad on CL in the wanted section asking for downed trees for firewood and it keeps getting flagged. No explanation, just gone within 30 mins or so. This is my first day posting this ad so I'm not spamming or anything. Even in the short time it goes up, I have gotten 2 responses except they were both about an hour away. I've just posted it for the third time so maybe the third time is the charm.

Here's what my ad reads:
"I am looking to come and clean up your downed trees to use for firewood. This is only for personal use to keep my family warm next winter. Please send me an email of what you have and where you are located and I'll get back to you. Thanks! "

Anyone see anything wrong with it? Any tips?

This was supposed to go in "The Wood Shed". Sorry, please move it.

It sounds like you have a bunch of competition for free firewood there, Randy

Singed Eyebrows said:

I agree. It's dishonest, but it happens on CL all the time.

Also, one thing to watch out for is if you place too many ads for essentially the same thing within a short period of time. People get annoyed with this (and rightly so).

TreePointer said:
Singed Eyebrows said:

I agree. It's dishonest, but it happens on CL all the time.

Also, one thing to watch out for is if you place too many ads for essentially the same thing within a short period of time. People get annoyed with this (and rightly so).

I didn't see any other people looking for free firewood. Maybe they all got flagged too. There are a lot of firewood dealers so maybe they are flagging them. I only posted it once in the wanted section so as not to overpost.

Keep reposting it. Check your wording. To much wood out there for anyone to care much about a few tree's.

I had the same problem. I posted it in the "free" section because I was not going to charge for my services.......ended up getting flagged after a couple hours. When I asked why, I was told that my post needed to be posted in the "services" section because that's what it was. I guess you can look at it that way. Funny thing is, I had 8 replies from the original post that only made it 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.