CL alert pc45

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CARL jr

Aug 12, 2015
michigan
CL in Elendale MN has a posting for Harman pc45 for 500.00 if it wasn't so far away it would be mine. Posted 7days ago. Good luck.

Sold

There has been a lot of nice stoves hitting Cl. Most have been to far away to ad to collection. I really wanted the Avent for $300. 12 volt stove with reasonable support yet unlike the Thelin.
Other end of scale someone local is trying to sell a PC45 that has a bad ignition system for 2400. The pump alone is around $350. Been on CL for over 2 months.
I have a good idea of who would snatch the Harman up as he has been grabbing up most of the cheap Harmans in state.

That was just to good of a deal. Starting in March I'll be on the hunt for a pc45 for my self.

I didn't bother to try and sell the one project 45 I got last January. Will be interesting to see if corn prices go up or flatten off.

I think cherry pits will be a possibility for me, if not I'll let the farmer come and plant corn on my land and make a deal with him.

Storage will be the issue to figure out at that point.

Average bu per acre for our county was 183. That's over 5 ton

Keep an eye out for gravity box with trailer. I see them go on sale now a lot as the larger farmers are using huge grain carts. Can store outside if one gets a good tarp made and hoops to keep it from sagging. Get a screen made as there is always something that can plug the auger like small stones, cob and stalks.
Snowy uses a garbage dumpster for nut shells.
Lot of other storage solutions for smaller scale.

Wow I have about 20+ tillable a.c..

You should get a nice bit of rent then and maybe workout the storage or use of something at the season end. Several stove owners I know rent out land and get some corn back and use the farmers trailer at end of season.
I will have to get some corn in by the end of Jan. Temps are falling fast this AM from 32 to 26 so far and wind is picking up.

I do have a couple of aircraft shipping containers just a little smaller then the average dumpster. Much lighter too. Made out of aluminum.

We have a lot of liquid chemical totes that are around 150-175 gallon each and got for around $40 to 60 available from ag chemical distributers

We have those also that is a good idea.

My only issue is my wife dose not want to look a cornstalks, she likes the heyfields

Unfortunately I have not payed to heat my house in 20yrs just chainsaw gas chains and chain oil. My back and my time I yes I have payed

When I bought my house in 1982, I heated with electric baseboard. Then, I heated with wood and had grapple loads dropped that I would cut, split and stack. Then, I would have cords cut to length that I would split and stack. Then, I had wood cut and split delivered and I would stack. Then, I bought a coal stove and had 3 tons of coal bulk-delivered that I shoveled into a self-built coal bin in the garage. Then, I had a FHW oil system installed in the house and turned a dial. Then, I bought a pellet stove and had two tons at a time delivered right into the garage. Now, I use either pellets or oil depending on outside temps and what I feel like heating with. It's always something. Thinking like a Democrat for a second, I think there should be a "snow-bird" tax for those that escape the winter to help support us who brave the northern climates in winter. It's just not fair.

Reactions: bags
i can and have grown a acre of corn myself that yielded that year 215 bu. and the farmer put on my hopper wagon but the trouble is getting it dry enough to burn

I think there should be a "snow-bird" tax for those that escape the winter to help support us who brave the northern climates in winter.
Our Gov wanted to tax those who stayed out of state long enough to not have to pay MN taxes.(FL and TX no income tax) What's a shame is having to pay so much tax and have to pay so much for heating too. No heating fuel tax though.

I further dry my corn with a homemade drier on the wood stove to single digits. About 5 gallons an hour and I get a warm shop that smells like roast corn:)

Status
Not open for further replies.