CL applewood quard !!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
Here is an interesting CL ad...

hmmm what is a quard ?? and how the hell do you measure it ???? I don't believe a quard is 4x4x8..

Shawn

About one quard. Cut, split, covered and soon to be stacked if not sold.

Not seasoned. Just cut 3 weeks ago. Have smaller peices too if interested. (depending on size of your smoker).

Price is negotiable.

Will not respond to e-mails dut to spam (sorry).

Please call or text 484 661 8810

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 479
He may not be able to spell, but at least he knows about seasoning firewood and is honest about the condition of the wood. I agree it does not appear to be a cord, or a quard.

Wood Duck said:
He may not be able to spell, but at least he knows about seasoning firewood and is honest about the condition of the wood. I agree it does not appear to be a cord, or a quard.

Most run there smoker on coal and unseasoned wood smokes more. That why he throwing that out there.

Adios Pantalones said:
I'd call it a quard.

I'm also happy to introduce a new unit of measure: the quard!

Hard to compain when your shorted there!

I think you can fit a full quard in the back of a full size truck. :)

I'm told that unseasoned wood can add a bitterness and that it's better to add water to seasoned wood. Am I wrong on that? (I'd like to know before building my smokah)

I'll add- if anyone in my area cares to burn only apple for a while in a fairly clean stove so that it's all apple ash- I'll buy 50# off ya.

Adios Pantalones said:
I'm told that unseasoned wood can add a bitterness and that it's better to add water to seasoned wood. Am I wrong on that? (I'd like to know before building my smokah)

I'll add- if anyone in my area cares to burn only apple for a while in a fairly clean stove so that it's all apple ash- I'll buy 50# off ya.

If its unseasoned wood it should be a charcoal heat and wood smoke, so just a chunk or two at a time. If you were using unseasoned wood to build your heat with there would be the issue. 50lbs of apple would be a couple chunks help yourself!

Adios Pantalones said:
No- I mean 50# of the pure apple ash.

Thanks for the reply! Gathering info a bit at a time.

Clean out my smoker should be close...lol

Wonder if 'quard' is how 'cord' sound to him when he says it - and this is his 'phonics' way of spelling 'cord'. Hmmmm........Cheers!

Last time I smoked something I used seasoned cherry off the stack to provide heat (and some flavor) and unseasoned apple (for flavor). Worked really well.

lukem said:
Last time I smoked something I used seasoned cherry off the stack to provide heat (and some flavor) and unseasoned apple (for flavor). Worked really well.

That sounds like a great combo!

Quard. (Cor-ard). Noun. A unit of measurement for wood that is anywhere between 10% to 79% of an actual cord which is an unit of measurement of 128 cubic feet. Commonly used by folks selling wood who have no concept of what an actual cord of firewood actually stacks up to be. Quards may also be spelled Chords in some regions of the country, depending on the local dialect.

Looks to me to be just about exactly about one quard of wood there. Rick

fossil said:
Looks to me to be just about exactly about one quard of wood there. Rick

Appears to be slightly left of a quard...At least in my area! Now two strong guys and big truck with quard stretcher "Maybe"

I just got some free apple myself, but I guess I only got about a half-quard.

CL is always a wealth of entertainment!

I burned almost three cords of apple this Winter and have another one left for next year and misc. cooking projects. Only complaint is the amount of fluffy ash which seems to fly more than most other wood ash when cleaning out the stove. Lots of dusting in the stove room!

Smells amazing at startup.

firefighterjake said:
Quard. (Cor-ard). Noun. A unit of measurement for wood that is anywhere between 10% to 79% of an actual cord which is an unit of measurement of 128 cubic feet. Commonly used by folks selling wood who have no concept of what an actual cord of firewood actually stacks up to be. Quards may also be spelled Chords in some regions of the country, depending on the local dialect.

Jake thank you so much for the "Dictionary Quard" now I know.

Shawn

As has been said before . . . "I don't sell no dictionary cords." ;) . . . . I only sell quards. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.