CL Free Firewood Ad -- Long Island

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a deal!

Im at work, so I cant open the ad... but is it the one about truckloads of log-length, and he just wants a small charge for fuel?

Text of the ad:

"DELIVER TO NASSAU,STATEN ISLAND,BROOKLYN,QUEENS..MUST HAVE ROOM FOR A TRUCK LOAD OF ABOUT 40 LOGAS 18*18*18...NICE WOOD..EMAIL ME YOUR#AND ADRESS AND I WILL GET BACK WITH TIME OF DELIVERY....."

The ad doesn't mention any charges at all.

If I had anywhere to put it, I'd be all over it. There would be a neighborhood insurrection where I live, however, if (even assuming there was workable access, which there isn't) I had a log load dropped in my yard. Having grown up in New England where firewood is more widely viewed as a valuable item, the availability of free wood on LI never ceases to amaze me. The only constraints are time, the sometimes questionable economics of driving some distance to get wood (e.g. gas costs more than the wood is worth), and the capacity of my SUV.

I bet its pine or poplar!

Status
Not open for further replies.