CL post... Thats a big tree...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
What did I ever do for laughs before craigslist firewood ads?? those must have been big trees, but hey atleast its down and free...

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/zip/2338813487.html

Free Oak Firewood (Starmount Subdivision)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-04-21, 1:35PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Dad had 2 very large oak trees which were uprooted in the storm. The wood is available to anyone willing to get it. We have cut as much of the tree in the front yard into smaller pieces and it is by the curb. We have not yet been able to do the tree in the back yard. Please email me if you would like the address. (I'm not the best estimator of wood but I'd say it's around 30-50 cords)

Remmy122 said:
I'm not the best estimator of wood but I'd say it's around 30-50 cords)

If he's not the best estimator...I wonder what the worst would come up with?

Those ain't no dictionary cords.

30-50 cords. This I gotta see...

"I'm not the best estimator...."

He must be a member of Congress.

Holy Crap you guys grow em big down thar!

Who cares bet there's 3-6 cords of oak thats enough work......Awesome find.

if this guy saw my piles he'd think i have a million cords. lol. its funny though i got a call from a guy on craiglist said he had a huge oak tree i could come and cut up said it was at least a 3 or 4 foot oak about 20 feet long at least a cord of wood in there.. i said alirght ill come look and i got there it was a nice like 18 inch round oak. nice easy cuttin. lol

Hes a little far from me to make it worth it, especially when we have a TON of down trees in my county. There was an article in our paper today about how the local dump has had a huge increase in yard debris being dropped off from the recent tornado. Too bad they wont let any one come in there to cut (trust me, Ive tried) , they grind it all up for mulch.

Lots of CL trees down around here in the last week too

cloud be this guy

champion_bg.jpg

Are those "dictionary" cords? :lol:

Check out this tree I saw yesterday, its protected by the town its located, we measured the trunk, 19 feet around. Not sure of the age but its old.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.