CL Score, MS270

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ANeat

Jul 2, 2010
SW Ohio
Found a MS270 near me on Craigslist. Wasnt really in the market but was hankerin for a "quality" saw. E-mailed the guy an offer and didnt hear back so I figured it was sold. Several days later I heard back and went and picked it up Friday.

Saw, case, 16" and 18" bars. Seems to run real well, nothing cracked or broken. For $150.00 I just couldnt pass it up ;)

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

ANeat said:
Found a MS270 near me on Craigslist. Wasnt really in the market but was hankerin for a "quality" saw. E-mailed the guy an offer and didnt hear back so I figured it was sold. Several days later I heard back and went and picked it up Friday.

Saw, case, 16" and 18" bars. Seems to run real well, nothing cracked or broken. For $150.00 I just couldnt pass it up ;)

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

Good score!

Went and picked up a new "yellow" chain this morning and Im happy to say it runs/cuts great. The anti-vibe feature has an interesting feel for sure. Has what I consider a normal vibration idling and as it comes up in rpm; but as it gets on "step" it hits a sweet spot and any vibration goes away and you just feel the saw dropping thru the log.

Very nice feature, I can see where that would help if youre putting in a long day of cutting

I just picked up a used 270 as well, though not quite that sweet a deal. I was looking for something a little lighter than my Dolmar, and I really don't need an 80cc saw for limbing. So far I'm pretty happy with it. Very smooth, almost too "soft" anti vibe. I can definitely feel the difference in my shoulders at the end of the day from the lighter weight.
I will say that the last time I filled the gas and oil, I didn't get the 'toolless' gas cap on right. I set it upright, started it, picked it up and spilled gas all over my crotch. Looked like I peed my pants. Something to get used to, I guess.

boooo thats a junk saw ill take it off your hands for ya before you get mad on the bad deal :)

Ya, that is a sweet find indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.