CL - taking down your trees is not free firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2010
Central, NJ
Amen! Now, who is the board member who ran this ad?

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/2331923883.html
taking down your trees is not free firewood (free stuff)
09:33 4/18/2011, craigslist nNJ "firewood"

Stop posting free firewood if the wood is not already on the ground! That's not firewood that's taking down your trees for free!!! Then you have the nerve to say no scammers? Drop your own trees and then offer the cut sections as firewood! No one wants to take down $1000 worth of trees for $200 worth of unseasoned wood.

LOL Can you narrow it down a little more.

lol I plead the 5th....

Thistle said:
lol I plead the 5th....

I thought it was you, but wasnt going to call you out! ;-)

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
lol I plead the 5th....

I thought it was you, but wasnt going to call you out! ;-)

haha I did do one locally about 6 months back,it was flagged within 6 hrs.These people never cease to amaze me - want you to remove large dangerous tree right over their house and/or power lines,yet do it for FREE,haul away the brush AND have Insurance. Its either that or they have total crap,basically trash in their yard they want cleaned up for nothing.With no pics posted too! :lol:

I think allowing someone to drop a tree whole with no nearby obstructions and only having them remove the wood > 4" diameter, really is giving away free firewood.

I think requiring someone to have insurance and/or remove the brush from a tree that requires climbing or a bucket to drop should be have the subject changed to 'looking for licensed insured sucker to remove trees for free'. I find nothing the matter with the content of the ads, just the subject. Truth in advertising. :)

KarlP said:
I think allowing someone to drop a tree whole with no nearby obstructions and only having them remove the wood > 4" diameter, really is giving away free firewood.

I think requiring someone to have insurance and/or remove the brush from a tree that requires climbing or a bucket to drop should be have the subject changed to 'looking for licensed insured sucker to remove trees for free'. I find nothing the matter with the content of the ads, just the subject. Truth in advertising. :)

I Agree 100 percent...There's good ones out there and we all see the bad ones.

Yup.Once in a while we hit the motherlode,like when I found 2 1/2 loads of Black Walnut,already bucked & stacked with NO brush barely 4 blocks from home last September. :coolgrin:

KarlP said:

I will kindly disagree. It ain't firewood till it is cut and split. Until that point in time it is still a tree. ;-)

Jags said:
KarlP said:

I will kindly disagree. It ain't firewood till it is cut and split. Until that point in time it is still a tree. ;-)

+1 as far as I am concerned, due to the availability of free wood out there the only value in firewood is in its creation, ie the energy used to split it.

Status
Not open for further replies.