class a chimney diameter ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinktwicez71

Nov 22, 2011
Ogdensburg , NY
are metalbestos class A 6" and duravent duratech's 6" chimney pipe the same diameter ?

thing is i need another roof support bracket higher up , and i have a place in town that sells metalbestos stuff , if their roof brace will work on my duratech ill just get that one and save the 2 hour drive. thanks

I was told by Selkirk when i did my installation that mixing parts between their product lines would void the UL listing, which might cause problems with my insurance company if I ever had a fire.

I think the ones you mention are different manufacturers even, but I'm not sure.

I delayed my install to special the parts I needed. It sucked, but everything was done by the book.

-SF

the code guy came out and passed everything , im not talking about the ceiling support box in the ceiling , im talking about the support braces that hold your chimney straight and secure in the wind , the bracket with the 2 legs that bolts to the roof.

i just need another brace higher up

Good to hear!!! I think you are going to really like your Lopi. I sure enjoy mine.

thinktwicez71 said:
the code guy came out and passed everything , im not talking about the ceiling support box in the ceiling , im talking about the support braces that hold your chimney straight and secure in the wind , the bracket with the 2 legs that bolts to the roof.

i just need another brace higher up

Looks like a Dura Vent brace ought to fit around whatever you want it to fit around. Worst case you need a longer clamp bolt.

Attachments

• duravent brace.jpg
    duravent brace.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.