Class A chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rr12

Oct 29, 2008
SC
I have a oakwood stove on the way and want to know where is the best place to buy the chimney(out and up)

How about the folks you bought the stove from. Dont buy junk

rr12, welcome to the forum.

Most places that sell stoves also sell chimneys. Shop around but the prices will be very close.

For the out and up, be sure to use black pipe to the thimble and be sure to have a minimum of 1/4" rise per foot in that pipe rather than level. We put even more rise in ours. This goes out to a tee and then up. Makes it simple for cleaning the chimney later by just removing the bottom cap from the tee and running the brush up. Good luck.

rr12, it will also help others in answering any of your questions to put they type of stove in your signature. Some also put in the type of saw they use and other information. Some even put some bs in there. lol All in good fun.

First you are going to have to find someone with the pipe in stock. Demand has been very high this year. We just got an order in of Simpson Duratech from www.DynamiteBuys.com. Service and pricing was good, but it took about 4 weeks for the order to be completely filled. Another couple of good online places are www.ventingpipe.com and www.hartshearth.com.

I purchased my chimney and stove pipe form here: http://www.dynamitebuys.com/

They seem to have the best prices, and free shipping.
I used Simson Duravent and DVL.

I have ordered through Ace Hardware Outlet. This place, by far, had the best prices on Class A chimney pipe. For example a 6" x 48" Selkirk HT SS Class A Double Wall (currently in stock) is $99.99 Through other retailers, it was almost double that price.

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(mklcol55oopehreiynkk1e45)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=998000231

The SELKIRK METALBESTOS 206620 FLAT CEILING SUPPORT KIT 6" 6T-FCK (in stock) is $172.19. At other retailers it is anywhere from $250-$450.

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(mklcol55oopehreiynkk1e45)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=42238

Don't be confused by the Ace Hardware logo. It's a Brick & Mortar Hardware Store with a affiliate/web-store franchise agreement through the Ace Hardware Company. Operated by AG Lock & Hardware An Ace Hardware Dealer in NYC.

See for yourself. You'll be amazed at the savings through this place.

I bought mine from lowes, they had the best price for me. FYI they do not carry all of the parts in stock (i.e. offsets, and tee's) but they can order them and the price savings was about 40%.

aussieblake

Status
Not open for further replies.