clayton 1537G

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhl380

Dec 22, 2009
ohio
just got a new one.any trouble with this unit? are they easy to operate?
any info would be helpful thanks. Rick

just got a new one.any trouble with this unit? are they easy to operate?
any info would be helpful thanks. Rick
Hi Rick, All I can say is I am a first year wood burner and I love mine. I have had no problems and yes very easy to operate! we have had a real cold November and so far December too. I have not used any natural gas since I put this unit in. I already figured out that I will burn about 4.5 cords this season without using any gas. I made a pig tail around the flue and I heat my 30 gal. water heater also so no gas use there ether! heats my water to 120 degree's! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Russ

We had a 1500 hotblast (basically the same thing) in this house for around 25 years. Heated well, but was a wood using machine. I would recommend to keep an eye on the chimney, they aren't the most efficient furnace. We burned quite a bit of wood in ours, but we did keep the house warm. If yours has an automatic door damper, keep an eye on it. Ours would run away at times, causing a very hot furnace.

Woodman, watch your flue pipe. That type of setup will condense anything that comes out of the furnace in that area. One good hot fire and you have the potential to plug the flue.

Thanks, I should have stated the pig tail is on the outside of the flue with a air gap completely around it. Also I have seen what you mean with the door damper. I use a magnetic thermometer after the pig tail and try to keep the temp arouses 300 day time and around 250 over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.