Clean and Ready to Go

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebatty

Minister of Fire
Jan 1, 2008
Northern MN
About a month late now, but yesterday I cleaned the Tarm and checked the chimney. After 5 full heating seasons the Tarm is now ready for #6. No repairs, no replacements, no failures. Door seals remain good. Nozzle shows some wear but still plenty of life, at least for #6. Might be time to order a replacement just to have on hand.

I brushed the black steel chimney to the 14' ceiling. Barely anything in it. The Class A from ceiling up I didn't even brush, just a very thin layer of dust, less than a mm.

Wood stacks are full of 2-year seasoned wood and ready to go, plus wood is already cut, split and stacked earlier this summer for 2013-14 season. A little difficult to comprehend heating again, given the recent stretch of high 80's weather. Then again, I already can sense the shorter days, sunsets earlier and sunrises later.

Good to be ready. How much wood do you burn a season ? I've been working on getting wood while it's dry enough to drive in the woods. I've been droping dead ash almost onto the trail so I dont have very far to carry it, I just back right up to it and load it up. Are you in a drought in MN ?

I burn pretty close to 4 cords of aspen/pine per season, a little less last year. No drought where I am, north central MN. we had nearly 11" of rain in June, might be a record, about 2" so far in July. Southern MN is pretty dry.

I saw the ads too and almost fell over. Then loaded the page again and the ads were gone. What's up Hearth.com? I would be really disappointed to see ads in posts.

There's the last straw, ads in the middle of postings. Goodbye hearth.com.

[email protected]
I don't get on here that much so don't know what your experience with ads has been and what you've said you'd do if they appeared in posts. I would request that you not bail yet. I've found your posts and experience to be some of the most valuable on hearth. Please see if there is some way to get rid of the ads and to stay on this forum rather than vice versa.

I saw the ads too and almost fell over. Then loaded the page again and the ads were gone. What's up Hearth.com? I would be really disappointed to see ads in posts.

If I'm not mistaken you only see them as a guest. If you log in they are gone.

There are ads that only guests see. None of you should be guests!

Last straw? Don't be so dramatic! What am I, your wife???

If you don't enjoy the community and don't benefit or help others, you know where the door is. Please don't announce your departure!

I am more than open to complaints and suggestions - fire away. But we have a forum for that and polluting Boiler Room threads is not welcome.

Reactions: taxidermist
Status
Not open for further replies.