Clean Energy pellets, anyone used them??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwoodman

Aug 6, 2008
Me
Went to Lowes to get some more Green Team pellets and they were all out and said that they didn't expect anymore Green Team pellets for the rest of this year. Now they are carrying Clean Energy which are made in the US and they are Premium Hardwood. The guy told us that they are made special for Lowes. Has anyone used them or know anything about them? I bought a couple of bags to try but would like anyones input on these pellets. Thanks!!

Haven't seen them. Might be a bit leery of anything "made special for Lowe's". BUT, that's just my first reaction.

I've been burning Clean Energy pellets since I got my stove in early October. In my Quad Santa Fe they feed OK and have very little fines. But I see a surprising amount of ash and clinkers - one five gallon trash pail absolutely filled from burning one ton of pellets. After a ton and a half of Clean Energy I have just worked the pile down to where I can reach the few bags of Green Team I bought originally. I plan to burn them in the next few days and then I'll have a better basis for comparison.

i bought 3 bags of these and i would say they are average pellets, with average ash and some clicnkers.

Gonna try some tonight after a stove clean out, I have checked em out and sifted them, Lots of fines way more than my dark penningtons.
Lets burn and see how the Englander processes them for dinner! :vampire:

Status
Not open for further replies.