Cleaning Big E Blower(s)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesy

Feeling the Heat
Oct 6, 2011
NE PA
Hey Folks,

Getting ready to start up the Big E in a month or two for some garage heat so I'm prepping it. Wondering what part of the exhaust blower I need to remove to clean behind. Attached in the picture you will see yellow arrows and red arrows. Which should I remove to clean behind?

And.. are any of these gaskets reusable?

Thanks

Attachments

• big-e-blower.jpg
    big-e-blower.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 150
Thanks! I'll get a spare gasket ordered up.

Anyone here stock the Breckwell Big E gaskets?

Thanks! I'll get a spare gasket ordered up.

Anyone here stock the Breckwell Big E gaskets?

Easy to find them online from various retailers. You can also make your own fairly easily as well.

Its easy to pull the whole blower out, I use a tooth brush to clean the fan blades. Eric at Kinsman stoves sells Breckwell gaskets, I put a new one on every time I clean the blower. Eric is a regular on this board and a real good guy. His shop is in Ohio.

.....Eric at Kinsman stoves sells Breckwell gaskets .......Eric is a regular on this board and a real good guy. His shop is in Ohio.
Also a Breckwell dealer and certified stove tech.....really knows his way around a Breckwell stove, along with many others.

Still waiting for Eric to get back to me with a price. They are cheap from Breckwell @ $4.95/ea but they want $17.52 just for shipping price with UPS, which is nuts.

Still waiting for Eric to get back to me with a price. They are cheap from Breckwell @ $4.95/ea but they want $17.52 just for shipping price with UPS, which is nuts.
Make sure you try calling him at the Brookfield store....that's where he spends most of his time.

I sent an email to Breckwell (US Stove) and got the shipping down to $7 for two gaskets. Much better than $17.52!

Status
Not open for further replies.