Cleaning Breckwell P28I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbd627

Oct 25, 2008
Southern CT
I have a Breckwell P28 Insert (looks just like 2000 Breckwell must've changed model #) about 11 years old. It hasn't been used in a few years. I decided to use it again this year. I cleaned the flue, pulled out and checked and cleaned blowers and in back. In the manual it says clean interior chamber by removing ash doors. I don't see these doors. I'm thinking these doors must be behind the fake bricks. If so how do I remove the fake bricks. Although I've had this stove for 11 years it's probably only been lit about 20-30 times. Have a raised ranch with 2 car gargae taking 1/2 the lower level and 1 large family room where stove is. It actually makes it too hot down here unless it is really cold outside. Wouldn't lite about 7 years ago so I left it as a nice ornament. Finally decided to check it out this year and when I unclipped the pipe from stove I found the problem. Two birds thought it was a good idea to fly down chimney and make a nest. The made it through 2 bends and were head first in the exhaust fan. Removed them vaccummed exhaust fan, cleared rest of them out of pipe and low and behold my long non-working stove works again. Figures pellets are in short supply and expensive here in CT. I'll use it to warm up when it's really cold (20 and below).

No one has or had a Breckwell P28 Insert?? Surprising. How about a P2000 Insert from late 90's early 2000's??

Well, I've got an old Breckwell insert but it doesn't have the fire bricks in it so I can't be much help to you other than to tell you that the ash doors are on the back interior wall on either side of the burn pot. Easy, just two bolts each, to remove them but I have no idea about removing the bricks. Sorry! :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.