Cleaning Enviro Omega

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Hunter

Dec 19, 2009
N.B Canada
Hi everyone and I hope all had a great and safe Christmas and New Years. I have a Enviro Omega and I clean it every week,I take a shop vac and brushes and clean the heat exchange tubes and all of the inside, the vent behind the ash drawer, every few weeks I take the bottom of the pipe off(not much need to that often)and clean that out, today I will give the fan motors a quick vac as there is a few dust bunnies noticable.I am wondering if I should be taking the fire shield in front of the heat exchange tubes off every so often to really give it a good cleaning behind there or what else I should be doing on a weekly, monthly or whatever time routine. I know there are much more experienced owners of these stoves here than I am so I thought I might as well ask someone that knows. I woukd just as soon keep it up myself as call the service guy in my area to clean it, no good reports about him at all but I can if needed get someone futher away, would just as soon look after it my self though. Thanks for any help and advice you can give me.
Mike

Mike,

I do the firebox baffle behind the burnpot once every ton. Depending on what you are burning a bunch will build up back there. I also bought a 1/2" tube brush with a 10 inch handle from the hardware store to get between the sheet metal panel and the firepot back wall. Just below the firebox baffle and just behind the burnpot(I don't know what Enviro calls the sheet metal panel. It doesn't show it in the manual). You can get it going up from the botom, But its easier to do when the baffle is removed.

Just remove the 2 screws(1 on each side) and tip the baffle to the right. It will come out easy.

Hope this helps?

Ok thanks, I figured it would probably be you that would respond first, was not sure if I should remove that shield or not. Is there anything else I should be doing that they would do if you had them come to service and clean it, thanks again.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.