Cleaning Your Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schenkp

Jul 22, 2008
NorthEast
I’m curious what kind of vacuum your use to clean your stove? I have not made the purchase yet and wanted to get some input on what to buy.

Shopvac with sheetrock filter (fine dust)

So you then wait until your stove is complete cooled off before cleaning it? I have seen ash vacuums but then seem kind of pricey....

Exactly. That is the one trade-off. Spend $200+ and suck out the hot ashes or wait until they are cooled to use the shop vac. I wait ~ 30 minutes and have never had a problem. The fly ash is nearly burnt anyway. It is the stuff in the burn pot that you have to watch out for.

Got ya thanks for your reply I already have a Ridgeway wet vac with a sheetrock filter also.... might just use it as well. I think i just have to get a brisol extension peice and im good to go.

Thanks agian.

Status
Not open for further replies.