Clear bag Tree Cycle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Feeling the Heat
I just picked up a new batch only made 3 days ago to test. I will report on the heat (seat of pants) and how the ashes are.
I figured I would start a new thread to see how these go. Mike is really happy with these latest batches! Will report back in a day or so.....

Jim H

I got 3 tons of Tree Cycle from Lowes at the beginning of the seaon. They had a bag date of 7/10 IIRC. Great heat but a ton of ash. The high ash is probably a combination of the pellets and my current exhaust setup.

Jim H. said:
I just picked up a new batch only made 3 days ago to test. I will report on the heat (seat of pants) and how the ashes are.
I figured I would start a new thread to see how these go. Mike is really happy with these latest batches! Will report back in a day or so.....

Jim H

Can you post a pic of the new bags?

This shows some leftover Ligs (green lettering hard wood) new TreeCycle and older batch from last year.

Attachments

• pellets clear and white.jpg
    pellets clear and white.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 224
ohhhhh my......are those unmarked or test bags or something?.....or is that they way they are going to start selling them?

Not sure what they are doing with the clear. I don't care to be honest.

1st impression is HOT! I let the stove cool down for @ 4 hours to clean totally. Even after a half hour of running I cannot keep my hand any closer
to the hot air then 2 feet.....even then after 30 seconds or so I have to move it. I measured 3 feet away and it was actually uncomfortable to stand
because of the heat. I have an IR gun but really don't know the best place to shoot it to get temps coming out. I can try to shoot thru the logo
straight to the back of the hot air tubes to see.....? I will have to report burn time and ashes later.....

I shot the IR gun between the XX on the LOGO a foot away and got 530.......moving to the furthest edge was in the 400's

Jay, you need to try these! Your testing is a lot more scientific!

Jay, I have a digital thermostat I use just for turning on or off at predetermined times (although running non stop last 2 months), anyway with no other adjustments on the stove the digital thermostat is reading 2-3* higher then it has with the Ligs or the other older batch of Treecycles....That is a little more
scientific! LOL It seems to get hotter faster and settle down to a low burn pretty quickly. So far so good! When I call mike to report I will try to make sure he gets you some! Each batch does seem to get better!

Just gave mike the thumbs up on this batch! The ash is a dark color but very light and easy to push off the edge. The clear bags are being used
because they seal better and Mike is working on using the clear bags and putting a logo on them. He is using all hardwood (no crap or stumps).
I mentioned getting you some Jay, so see what happens.....maybe give him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.