Clear Choice Wood Pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newf lover

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Eastern CT
A couple of places around me have started advertising these pellets. Their website is about as vague as it can be about who makes them, where are they made etc. I'm wondering if it's another brand repackaged and renamed. When you hit contact us, it gives no company information; you give them your name and e-mail and they will contact you. Anyone hear of these?
http://www.clearchoicepellets.com/

Plugged my zip into the dealer finder and they all came up as Harman dealers.

I woundn't expect too much from them. But hey, there 40% lower in ash than other leading Premium brands. So should be the best on the planet! Only available at select dealers ta boot. Gotta be some good pellets with all that hype! Lots a big talk from a pellet that probably isn't much better than the average at best! I am not buying the sales pitch on them! Bet the dealers are trying to get $300/ton for them too!

Just so you all know Cleanfires are also made by NEWP. So these are probably just another NEWP pellet in a different bag! But I don't know cr@p about pellets so I'll shutup now. Tread carefully!

j-takeman said:

I woundn't expect too much from them. But hey, there 40% lower in ash than other leading Premium brands. So should be the best on the planet! Only available at select dealers ta boot. Gotta be some good pellets with all that hype! Lots a big talk from a pellet that probably isn't much better than the average at best! I am not buying the sales pitch on them! Bet the dealers are trying to get $300/ton for them too!

Just so you all know Cleanfires are also made by NEWP. So these are probably just another NEWP pellet in a different bag! But I don't know cr@p about pellets so I'll shutup now. Tread carefully!

My, my. Having a bad day, Jay????? Tone of this post is most unlike your normal cheery disposition. Sounds more like me or Kenny

hossthehermit said:
My, my. Having a bad day, Jay????? Tone of this post is most unlike your normal cheery disposition. Sounds more like me or Kenny

When I read such hype from a pellet company. It kind of hits me the wrong way(As you can see). Maybe they are ALL that? But I'm just not buying into it today! hehe!

j-takeman said:

The quad fire dealer here sells them too.275/ton delivered.Burnt almost two ton this year and my stove seems to like them.Only thing is they only sell them in 2.3 ton pallets.

j-takeman said:

Shut up Jay. All your test proves is how New England Wood Pellets perform in" real life" situations. Your tests are not scientific enough to demonstrate how they will burn in totally irrelivant laboratory controlled situations. :)

I got 1 ton of Clear Choice pellets when I bought my stove last fall. They burned very clean and hot in my Castile insert. I would burn them again in a heartbeat. I have experimented with about a dozen different pellets (Blazers, Stove Chow, Instant Heat, LG Granules, Freedom Fuel, Maine Woods ect) and they were at the top of my list.
I like em'
:)

j-takeman said:

I respect your posts and think you are an asset to the forum but when you badmouth something with out knowing anything about them then that respect is tempered. i see another post here other than mine from someone who actually tried them.sorry if this upsets you but it is what it is.

Clear Choice=NEWP=Cleanfire=Warm Front...all the same proprietary pellet, all bagged by NEWP

Cleanfire Pacific is the former NEWP Green Supreme AKA Pinnacle from British Coumbia

urkiddin said:
j-takeman said:

I respect your posts and think you are an asset to the forum but when you badmouth something with out knowing anything about them then that respect is tempered. i see another post here other than mine from someone who actually tried them.sorry if this upsets you but it is what it is.

Everyone is entitle to there opinions here. Sorry my post didn't suit you. But I always tell it like it is. I have burned all the sister pellets(and all perform about the same). So I'll stick to my guns on what I said. I'll burn them someday, And post the results. If they preform great, I'll be the first to acknowledge it.

When a pellet company touts there all that, And I see other than that. I feel a duty to say something if there not. I don't care what brand name is on the bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.