Cleared for a new trail

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I needed another way up so I cleared out some small beech and rotten wood, once I'm up there it's just a matter of cleaning up the downed wood so I can run the length of the ridge.

There are some nice hard maple in this area along with cherry plus some beech.

Attachments

• 100_1127.jpg
    100_1127.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_1128.jpg
    100_1128.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 100_1129.jpg
    100_1129.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 100_1131.jpg
    100_1131.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 259
j-takeman said:
zap were do you find all this energy? especially in this HEAT!

I'm not sure, I drink a crap load of water during the day and some coffee in the morning with a salad at noon. When I get tired in the woods I rest and take in the scenery.

Once the heat is 88 or above plus muggy I won't go in.

zap

zapny said:
j-takeman said:

I'm not sure, I drink a crap load of water during the day and some coffee in the morning with a salad at noon. When I get tired in the woods I rest and take in the scenery.

zap
Same here Zap. Most of the time I'll go out early in the morning after milking the cows when it's a little cooler. If it gets up toward 90 and humid, just milking the cows is enough sweat for one day without cutting wood!

quads said:
zapny said:
j-takeman said:

zap
Same here Zap. Most of the time I'll go out early in the morning after milking the cows when it's a little cooler. If it gets up toward 90 and humid, just milking the cows is enough sweat for one day without cutting wood!

Good morning Quads, we finally had some cool weather move in last night (60) tonight it's going down around 43. Is it still hot out your way?

zap

I find once I'm out in the woods
the shade keeps me cool enough to keep going
although slower than normal

ironpony said:
I find once I'm out in the woods
the shade keeps me cool enough to keep going
although slower than normal

Last night we had a nice wind but it was still muggy, looks like tonight I'll finish the kindling then make some coffee and kick back in the screen house and enjoy the cool weather.

zap :zip:

zapny said:
quads said:
zapny said:
j-takeman said:

zap

Good morning Quads, we finally had some cool weather move in last night (60) tonight it's going down around 43. Is it still hot out your way?

zap
It was 56° when I went down to the barn this morning. Supposed to get down to about the same tonight. Got up to a 80° so far today and much less humid, but back into the oven beginning Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.