CNBC show about Allegany Pellets owner Paul Ceglia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm researching an episode of American Greed: The Fugitives about Paul Ceglia, the owner of Allegany Pellets.

I know this is an unusual entry for this forum, but I'm writing here because I found this 2009 thread in this same forum in which several of you noted trouble getting Ceglia to deliver on his orders.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...w-york-state-ebay-proceed-with-caution.33581/

I imagine many of you know what happened next with Mr. Ceglia, but just in case, here's an update.

Shortly after Allegany Pellets was shut down by the New York Attorney General, Mr. Ceglia filed a lawsuit claiming to be 50% owner of the social networking site Facebook. Later, criminal fraud charges were filed against Ceglia. It is alleged that he forged the contract which he said was proof of his ownership interest in Facebook. While he was out on bail, he removed his electronic monitoring device and disappeared. He remains a fugitive from justice.

I'm interested in talking with people who did business with Mr. Ceglia at Allegany Pellets. I know some of us are camera shy, but right now I'm just hoping for a phone call to talk.

However, I am also really interested in doing an on camera interview with someone about his or her experience with Ceglia, especially someone who spoke with him or interacted with him in person!

I'd like to know what he promised you, when you knew there were red flags, and ultimately how it all worked out for you.

If you have any photos, emails or copies of sale orders that you'd be willing to share, that would really help me tell this story visually as well. Of course we would obscure sensitive personal information from those documents such as addresses, etc. before using any of them in the show.

Because we are traveling to many places for this episode, it's an added bonus if you are in relatively close driving distance to Wellsville where Mr. Ceglia was based. Ideally, I'd like to get footage of where Allegany Pellets was located and also do an interview with a former customer at his or her home, so we can see what one of these stoves looks like. I must confess I'm entirely new to heating with stoves and pellets, and I could use an education!

My name is Jeanne and you can reach me at jheffron (at) kurtis (dot) com. Send me an email and I'll respond with all my contact info, including my phone number. Kurtis is the production company which produces the show.

I will begin shooting interviews and footage for this episode in late October, so I hope I will hear from some of you soon. Feel free to share this info or repost it wherever you think it might be useful.

Please don't be shy; we depend on the public to help us tell these stories!

P.S. Our show has had SUCCESS catching fugitives in the past. So far Niesha Jackson, Eric Bartoli and Jim Hammes have all be located, thanks in large part to our viewers!

"American Greed: The Fugitives is a television program on CNBC and is neither sponsored or nor endorsed by Hearth.com, which is not responsible for the content of this message."

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I read that Allegheny Pellets have nothing to do with him. Must have been a nightmare for those folks.

Ceglia's was the spelling Allegany, which is the county in which he lived. At first I thought maybe it was an intentional knockoff name, but after I learned his hometown of Wellsville is in Allegany County, I wondered if maybe he gets the benefit of the doubt on this one. On the other hand, maybe he knew about Allegheny, and thought "Why not?"

Status
Not open for further replies.