Cold and wet here again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Yesterday it was near 70F here in Newberg Oregon

Today its barely over 40F and raining cats and dogs. Windy too.

Just ran from the shop back up to the ranch to check on the stove and add shells to the hopper. Started the little Prodigy last night about 9pm and ran it all night.

Was fine for the night but it has gotten a lot colder today so I will likely fire the Advantage back up this eavening and let it take over the duties until this weather warms back up again.

Looking like all next week is going to be pretty cold and soggy around here.

Gotta love the nice fire in the corner for sure.

The little stove is great for days that are near 50F but when the temps drop down near 40F the little one can't hack it on low by itself.

Sits stokin the fire.

Snowy

Well Snowy, looks like you are sending that cold wet weather this way. Was 60 today and has already started dropping. Not getting out of the 30's tomorrow with single digits possible Friday night into Sat morning.

The stove is fired up again and ready to fight off winter just a little bit longer.

Geno

Not sure if what we are getting has made it even to the Rockies yet but it for sure is heading east.

Yup build up a fire and let it roar.

Snowy

Hmmm yeah, big temp drop tomorrow.
Will prob turn the stove back on for a week
judging from the forecast.

I just saw on the Tv that the temps could be in the upper teens tomorrow night! WTF????

Chan

I live at 1200Ft elevation and the mountians above 3000 ft are getting about a foot of new snow tonight through tomorrow.

Here its just sloppy, windy and wet.

Turned the Advantage back on when I got in from the shop. Turned the little guy off.

The little one uses very little fuel during the day and will keep the chill off nicely.

Takes less than 5 minutes to fire the Advantage and have it back on line a churning out nice warm air.

Will run it til morning that switch back to the little one for the day.

Ahh yess, nothing like a nice warm fire.

I am so happy that I got in and thrashed this project from start to finish. Get to give it a good workout before the season is over.

Later troops

Snowy

CWR said:
I just saw on the Tv that the temps could be in the upper teens tomorrow night! WTF????

Chan

Hey Chan

At least we are south enough for teens (I am looking at lower teens). Talking near 0 north by Whitefield. They can have it.

Bring back 70 from last Saterday !!!!!!! I dont think I hace seen feline Willows starting to bloom this early. Also, Ice Out on Lake Winnipesaukee happened on Wednesday. I believe this is only the 3rd time it has happened in March.

4 this morning the rain was coming down by the bucket full.

Raining so hard that I could really hear it even in the bedroom.

Got up as I thought the fan on the Pellet stove had kicked up onto HIGH by itself. OMG the fan was fine, it was the rain pounding on the roof and the wind too.

Supposed to be back near 60 tomorrow then rain like crazy Sunday and into next week.

Been a good month though not too bad overall.

Got two stoves running this morning as I left the Advantage on very low last night and the house was only 65F this morning.

Fired the little beast up and turned them both up a bit to get the chill off.

Spring was sure nice the day we had it. ;-)

Snowy

36 here now. Dayyum. Well glad I have
pellets and a working stove. Fired her
up this morning @ 6 a.m.
Looks cool and crappy on and off for the
next 6 days in my neck o da woods.

24 here last night. I didn't start the stove just turned on the electric blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.