"college cord" new one one me.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Firewood : " College Cords " - $110 (Branchville, NJ)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listing on CL for firewood. What will they think of next?

gzecc said:
Firewood : " College Cords " - $110 (Branchville, NJ)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listing on CL for firewood. What will they think of next?

Sounds like yet another way to swindle the unaware. Tire of the BS.

This should be added to the Hearth.com glossary.

College Cord - A fair try at 128 cu ft of firewood though not enough to be a true cord on account of having to overcome a demonic hangover.

Educated firewood: only burns if it's dry :)

I like it, but only if it means the same as a "dictionary cord"... I'm going to assume that it's an attempt to clarify that this is what an educated individual would call a cord. Better than a "Kindergarten Cord"...

Hmmm does that mean you need a keg to stack it?
Or maybe they send cute coeds over to stack it for you?
Ok I'm grasping.
Not a big one for government regs am I but glad that in in NH fire wood can only be sold by the cord or reasonable fractions thereof (1/3 1/2 1/8 etc) with the cord clearly defined as 128 cu ft and 4x4x8 tightly stacked with the only exception being small bundles sold for camp fire wood. No "face" cords or other such BS here allowed. Live Free or Die but only if you sell your wood fairly:)

ah yes... college...

Attachments

• john-belushi-college.jpg
    john-belushi-college.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 746
I believe this will come with beer goggles that will make a small pile look like a full cord.

I would prefer a university cord, might get an extra "degree" of heat too........ ;-)

I started stacking "bakers cords" in case some goes bad.....

Maybe that is a unit of measure for how much wood that is typically burned on the weekend kegger parties?

Actual final amount is based on a curve depending on the quality of wood

A Community College Cord gets you the similar amount of wood, but is less expensive.

homebrewz said:
A Community College Cord gets you the similar amount of wood, but is less expensive.

But the wood itself may not burn in some "University" stoves. You need to check to see that the stove accepts those community cord credits.

The PHD cord is piled higher and deeper.

Beware the fellow selling the wood... Count Cordula!

Say... what do you call a man with no arms and no legs and no pile of wood for this year?

A cordless phone! :)

Okay... I'll stand for the beating now.

CL never ceases to amaze me. Anyone have any idea what this guy is selling? Maybe he could use some collage, at least its a word.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/for/2728968847.html

Copied and pasted:

I have for sale cherry firewood which will be load into a f350 dump equal to 1 qtvered 150.00 local area anything out of deptford 10mile area is 25.00
Delivery

red oak said:
I believe this will come with beer goggles that will make a small pile look like a full cord.

Baaaahhhhh! :lol: Oh, the memories....... Cheers!

Sounds like it could be similar to what I call a full "Long Island Cord," which is approximately .75 cord with 20% wet pine mixed in. If it's advertised as "Seasoned" it was cut down 3-4 months ago, "Unseasoned" last week.

Your right about the seasoned definitions, around here the guys think if its standing dead its already seasoned- lots of beetle killed pine

Hmm . . . maybe if you ask your parents, they'll pay for it?

JoeyD said:
I have for sale cherry firewood which will be load into a f350 dump equal to 1 qtvered 150.00 local area anything out of deptford 10mile area is 25.00
Delivery
I have for sale cherry firewood = he's selling wood
which will be load into a f350 dump = he's got a truck. The wood will be placed in the truck. `be load' means it happens once, and the wood is acted upon, as opposed to `be loaded' which would mean that the wood has been, is, and will be inebriated and takes the action itself
equal to 1 qtvered = equal to a hitherto undocumented and still unidentified unit of measure, 1 (one) qtvered
150.00 local area = price delivered locally (inside deptford)
anything out of deptford 10mile area is 25.00= price drops to $25 if he can leave deptford to take the qtvered of wood to your house

wow I am really suprised, none of the firewood people on here know what 1 qtvered is
1 qtvered is a medieval measure equal to 1 hectare
which in turn converts to 2.47 acres (area) 107593 ft2
which assuming average size splits would yield
420.285 cords of wood

hence the term College Cord, because there is math involved
and some B.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.