Colored ink

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James02

Feeling the Heat
Aug 18, 2011
N.Y.S.
Good day everybody....I was wondering why it's such a bad thing to burn colored ink, is it because of the stove or the environment? Was noticing that everything has ink these days.

I think it will poison the combustor, if your stove has one. I use newspaper to start my fires, but no pages with color. Maybe I'm overly cautious, but that's my nature. :smirk:

James02 said:
Good day everybody....I was wondering why it's such a bad thing to burn colored ink, is it because of the stove or the environment? Was noticing that everything has ink these days.

I don't think colored paper is a problem for cats but I do think that coated glossy stock used to make Store fliers with color is a bad thing.. Just avoid the glossy stock and you'll be OK..

Ray

James02 said:

Do I really need to stay away from the USA today colored front page? Obviously not the glossy flyers. Seems to me it shouldn't make much difference. Close the damper and engage the cat about a half an hour after lighting. Anyone poisoned their cat by using plain newspaper with colored ink like this?

If this is in the wrong forum, could one of the mods please move it?

Thanks,

Joihn

Status
Not open for further replies.