Combustion Exhaust and Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

md2002

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2011
United States
Hi All,
Long time since I posted. I had a quick question, this is year 4 with the stove and I'm very good about cleaning the blowers and oiling the convection blower per the manual instructions but I noticed this year both the Combustion and Convection exhaust/blowers are much louder than they were last year. I can fiddle around with them but I'm wondering if this is just normal with age?

Thanks!

On my stove after I clean the fans everything sounds louder. I think it's just getting all the gunk off the fins and more air moving and making more sound. I think we all slowly get used to the fans not making as much noise as they build up crud on them. Then when cleaning them they sound louder, because they are, they are moving more air.

Might not be the case with your stove, just my observation with mine.

On my stove after I clean the fans everything sounds louder. I think it's just getting all the gunk off the fins and more air moving and making more sound. I think we all slowly get used to the fans not making as much noise as they build up crud on them. Then when cleaning them they sound louder, because they are, they are moving more air.

Might not be the case with your stove, just my observation with mine.

That would make sense. I've noticed it the last 2 years and it's always when I power it up for the 1st time after I did a deep cleaning at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.