combustion fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lego

Dec 19, 2010
pincourt qc
I own a profile 20 and a st croix JOHN DEERE EDITION and my profile 20 for the last few weeks gives me problems....feels like fan for combustion is lacking voltage or turns slower tha usual,pellets are gathering in grate and grate is overflowing after fews hours of heat.Unplugged motor from stove and jumped wire to ac outlet and problem seem to be resolved.Is power controlled by the electronic control...would control not sending enough power to fan.................just joined that forum and it is a great help...thks a merry xmas

Geez... a JD St Croix... is it green?

krooser said:
Geez... a JD St Croix... is it green?
no.but it is afine looking and performance are great........stove is black and the door is chromed frame with emblem of JD etched in window,the leeping deere found in beginning of JD 1837....have one used in my showroom if you are interested,working ina deere dealer for the last 20 years.Stove was thoroughly cleaned in september and cleaned everywhere i could removed parts.fans,motor,heatbox,pipes,cheminey,i mean all components,even installed tube to get air from outside directly to stove........

If the fan motor is not running at speed, check the voltage coming from the board to the motor.

Many stoves vary the fan speed slightly to control the air to the firepot based on the fuel (heat setting)

If the voltage is too low and the speed is too low therein lies the problem.

The control board will have a Triac on it to control motor speeds.

If the triac starts to fail your motor speeds will go all goofy.

Snowy

many thanks,will check for further tests and let you know the results.............champagne wishes and caviar dreams...........................

Status
Not open for further replies.