Compressed sawdust bricks in addition to cordwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

theora55

Mar 8, 2008
Southern Maine
Compressed sawdust bricks are convenient,and I'm thinking of getting some to use in addition to cordwood. I have an outdoor space to store them; I got a recycled industrial caged plastic tank with the top removed,on its side will hold a pallet of bricks. Any comments or experiences to share? My stove is a Waterford Fiona.

This probably belongs in another forum, but I have used them mainly to get a year ahead with my wood supply or mix with wood that is less than seasoned. It will be hard to keep coals through the night for a restart in the morning with just bricks.

Reactions: SpaceBus
I did the same as hockeypuck last winter. Great in a pinch but I feel even softwood is better.