Condar Stove Thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glassmanjpf

Apr 4, 2006
Long Island, NY
Anybody use these thermometers/ Which one wood work best on the stove (not the pipe) I like the look of the 3-16 Woodsaver Stovepipe Thermometer but it says not to be used on the stove itself only the pipe. Why would that be? Any other types preferred? Thanks

I have a Condar in my flue, the Fluegard I believe. For the stovetop I went with a Rutland, simply due to local availability. I've been very happy with both.

I have the condar flue probe, love it! I just ordered the enamel stove top one to replace my old rutland. roben.

I'm going to go ahead and order one too. I'm lookin at the 3-4 ChimGard® Energy Meter.

Thanks

Just got my condar enamel thermo today. looks nice, reads almost 100 degrees lower than my old rutland. So I checked it with my UEi cappuccino thermo and the condar was spot on. roben.

Wow that's a big difference I'm still waiting on mine. It should be here the 8th.

I've been using a Condor Chimguard for about a month now - that's all the stove dealer had. I don't have any exposed flue so it sits on the top middle tile of my soapstone stove. Hope it reads correctly. Whats a good, lo tech, way to check?

After using them both for a day now, moving them around the stove and watching them closely, at lower temps they are closer. Right now condar is reading 450 and rutland is 550. Rutland is old, I've lived here almost 4 years and have no idea how long the rutland was here before I bought the house. roben.

Status
Not open for further replies.