"Cone" stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eclecticcottage

Minister of Fire
Dec 7, 2011
WNY
Anyone else have a cone stove? We've got this cool one, can't recall the mfg (it's on a plate on the bottom back, hard to get to). DH loves it, his family had one like it in enamel (red) with the prerequisite black eagle on it. We're not running it this year, we have to work on a better place to store our wood (it's in our sun porch, where the stove is-and it's WAY to close to the stove right now to run it safely). Next season we should be good.

Attachments

• a206.jpg
    a206.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 11,167
I've got one a little like that at my place in the Santa Cruz mountains (Northern CA) But the chimney is held up by chains from the ceiling and its open all the way around (3 foot diameter). Its been there since the '50s and up there I don't even split wood. Just put on 1.5 foot logs and let 'er rip. Will get some pictures next time I am up there. Heats pretty well but Class A it is not.

Actually ours isn't a Preway. It's a brand I couldn't find any info on. Arg...I wish I could remember the mfg. Our boiler (well, former boiler) was a Repco, and this was a similar name. I can't get to the tag with our wood stack where it is though.

No other cones around?

Nope. Got rid of my lava lamps too. :lol:

Had to climb around the wood pile but I got it! It's a Temco Hunter.

I guess these things are a big deal in the decorator circles now, being mid-century Eames era modern and all. I wanted to use it as our outside stove...but DH really likes it so it stays on the sunporch.

Status
Not open for further replies.