COntrol Board Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewChurchill

Minister of Fire
Mar 31, 2008
Vermont
I replaced my ignitor last week with a new 15 fin ignitor and before the pellets ignited I smelled smoke and then noticed my control board was on FIRE!

Needless to say I turned the power off to the boiler.

I went to the dealer today and he gave me the newer control board. I installed it and when I turned the main power to the boiler. The combustion blower immediately started up even before I turned the boiler on.

When I turned the Min Temp knob to 140F I got a 3 blink error which is an indicator the ESP has failed. I know the ESP was working properly before the failure. Does the new board have to have the DIP switches configured differently?

If so does anyone know what the settings are? I'm going to give the dealer a call tomorrow, but I would like to resolve the issue tonight if possible.

Thanks,
Andy

Sorry to read this Andrew

Hope it all works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.