Convection Blower will not operate on 25PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talon

Feb 8, 2008
western pa
Hello
I have a Englander 25PDV manufactured in 5/2000.The problem is that the stove will operate from the start but the convection blower will not turn on even though the stove is definatly up to temperture.I removed the blower wires from the circuit board and plugged them directly into 110 volt using a test cord.The fan operates at high speed as expected.
The problem is that even though the convection blower is running, the stove will operate for about 30 minutes and then just shut itself off.
Is there a way to check if the circuit board is bad? Or could it be a Vacuum switch?
Thanks
412 292 5183

Have you checked the high limit switch.When was the last complete cleaning done?I sure more knowledgeable people will chime in and help.

This is directly from Englanders website under "Troubleshooting" for your stove, and "No Room Air":

3. Does the stove shut off completely at 20-30 minutes from starting? The circuit board's heat sensor must read enough temperature during startup to engage the "run" mode of the stove, if this temperature is not read by the sensor, not only will the room air blower not come on the stove will shut off. If this is the case, check the heat sensor wires , make sure that the sensor is tight against the firewall and that it is plugged in to the control board. If this is all correct replace the heat sensor (part number PU-CBHS ).

macman is right , heat sensor not reading temp, at least thats where im starting. if you contact my shop at 800-245-6489 we are in today from 8 to 5 eastern time , then we shut down for the holiday weekend , will be back in the office monday. i expect we can diagnose this for yo9u and advise on what to do to correct it

Thanks Guys
You were Right on the Money.I ordered the Heat Sensor PU-CBHS from Englander and recieved it within 2 days.Convection Fan operates and stove no longer goes into Shut Down Mode.
PERFECT
Thanks

Just another example of why having an Englander stove is great....try getting service like that from Harman.....not going to happen in a million years.

Status
Not open for further replies.