Convey your pellets from here to there

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sinnian said:
Now that is something to think about.................. once quality pellets are available in bulk.

Thanks for sharing!

Take delivery of your quality pellets and empty them into a bin. At least then you can switch up your pellets from the shoulders to the peak but do not have to lug 200 bags. We use an old wooden toy box to store our pellets next to the stove, it holds 9 bags. Just tear open the bags in the garage and convey them to the toy box once a week. 10 minutes, no lugging, stacking or breaking!!! Yes!

I'm thinking that the dust associated with this would really be a mess.

JoeS said:
I'm thinking that the dust associated with this would really be a mess.

Not really. but if you were so inclined, you can make a reverse loop. Instead of a forced system, you create a negative system with a vac and filter out the particles prior to the fuel pick up. This gets a bit harder because you have to seal your box beside the stove and you may want to have a proximity switch shut off to keep pellets from coming back through the return system.

thanks for sharing this update. Looks like it could lead to a real improvement in accessing the pellets. With some modifications, I can see how seniors can use this and not have to worry about lifting pellets up stairs etc. I don't mind moving the pellets from the detached garage, but for my wife, it is near impossible.
When we plan ahead, we get enough pellets moved so we don't have to do it when the weather is bad. I don't alway plan that well!

save$ said:
thanks for sharing this update. Looks like it could lead to a real improvement in accessing the pellets. With some modifications, I can see how seniors can use this and not have to worry about lifting pellets up stairs etc. I don't mind moving the pellets from the detached garage, but for my wife, it is near impossible.
When we plan ahead, we get enough pellets moved so we don't have to do it when the weather is bad. I don't alway plan that well!

Woodpellets.com had the POD (pellets on demand) system, saw it in action but who knows where it went to. Perhaps they found it too expensive to market?

Hi Scott

How about a couple of real inexpensive pulleys?

If you have to lift a 40lb bag then it is not as easy!

See >> http://library.thinkquest.org/27948/pulley.html

The “Wood Pellet Pulley†system

Just clip it onto the bag and pull the rope or a more expensive motorized unit, just press the button.

Then move the bag over the stove using the overhead track or on a close line type line.

Then slit open the bottom right over the open hopper!!!

See pic below!

Now serving “Stove Chow†- Hoist away!!

Attachments

• WoodPelletPulley.jpg
    WoodPelletPulley.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 318
Don2222 said:
Hi Scott

Just clip it onto the bag and pull the rope or a more expensive motorized unit, just press the button.

Then move the bag over the stove using the overhead track or on a close line type line.

See pic below!

Now that's a great idea! And in the Summer I can drive my car into the livingroom and use your device to pull the engine outta her!

EarlyMan

EarlyMan said:
Don2222 said:
Hi Scott

See pic below!

Now that's a great idea! And in the Summer I can drive my car into the livingroom and use your device to pull the engine outta her!

EarlyMan

LOL, Actually it is in the basement, but I can extend the pulley track to the garage. Then we can pull the engine in the garage and work on the engine in the basement! Cool idea!

Don2222 said:
Hi Scott

See pic below!

Don you win..."The redneck pellet conveyor award"

Status
Not open for further replies.