Cooking on the Alderlea!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfin

Apr 21, 2008
Gosh I love this stove! The trivets give you pretty much any type of stove-top temperatures a person could ever want! It didn't take long at all to get the dutch oven to a nice simmer... that little cooking spot gets hot FAST.

Making tomato soup here... we grew both the tomatoes AND the fuel!

It don't get no better'n that ! Nice !
Nice stove, btw. I'm a newbie that just grabbed a used stove, without doing any research, to see if it'll work out for us.
If it does work out I'll be taking a better look at that Alderlea for an upgrade. I wonder if I'll miss the top loading ?

You're gonna love burning, Brian! It's addictive :) The top loading has got to be nice (never had one of those) but with these N-S loaders, it's soooo much easier to load. No more trying to twist the wood in to fit in sideways! Maybe almost as simple as tossing the wood in via a top loader? (I've never had a top loader)

Man, that looks great. Just need a grilled cheese sammich or 3 to go with it.
I'm jealous (and hungry again). lol

Temps are getting chillier and we woke up the T6 tonight. I love the easy starts and NS loading. Top loaders are nice. Less loading is even nicer! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.