cost of a stihl chainsaw 16 to 18 in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcope

Aug 1, 2008
howell mi
Ih to all
Looking for a 16 to 18 in bar stihl chainsaw and prices on any other stihl chainsaws. Looking for a new or used in good shape does any konw any of the prices?
thanks Jim

What is your primary use?

What's your budget?

How long have you been a saw user?

Have you also looked into Dolmar and Husky? Don't buy solely on brand as each saw manufacturer has "hot" saws in certain categories.

Hi
I enjoyed looking at all your pictures, The firewood in the truck i see its split a question do you burn it like that or do you split it down farther and how much wood do you use a season.
thanks Jim

Check out the Stihl website. Do a dealer search and find a dealer with online pricing. All of the prices should be valid. Expect $300 and up to run something with a 16" bar.

I have ten acres of woods and a lot of dead standing that I like to burn and use I just want to cut for myself wueing my woodburner along with my pellet burner. I have a few poulans chainsaw 2 2150, a smalll 18in craftmans i got at a garage sale for 40 dollars it runs real good along with a 295 polulan pro it runs so so and a 300 poulan that starts but does not run long about 3 sec and i have a little homelite i do not use but it runs pretty good just very small. I do like my poulan 2150 33 cc i have organ bars on them the kink of bar you can ajust in the bar not useing the screw ajustment.
Jim

jim c said:
I have ten acres of woods and a lot of dead standing that I like to burn and use I just want to cut for myself wueing my woodburner along with my pellet burner. I have a few poulans chainsaw 2 2150, a smalll 18in craftmans i got at a garage sale for 40 dollars it runs real good along with a 295 polulan pro it runs so so and a 300 poulan that starts but does not run long about 3 sec and i have a little homelite i do not use but it runs pretty good just very small. I do like my poulan 2150 33 cc i have organ bars on them the kink of bar you can ajust in the bar not useing the screw ajustment.
Jim
the stihl fram boss would work nicely!

That's just split so I can get it in the truck. I'll post some more pictures tonight of the current wood pile. I've gotten about 7 loads this season so far.

What's your plan for the saw? Are you going to hang on to it for a lot of years? If so I'd look into a professional series saw as they do last longer and are better built.

So what's your budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.