Could be Lots of wood on the east coast this weekend!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
If the forcasters are right, there is one big storm thats going to cause major tree damage on the east coast along I-95. Anyone is this region looking for free wood might hit the mother load!

I'm still cutting hurricane trees. This will be the earliest I have ever gotten my wood done, due to all the storm wood. I guess I'll just keep at it til March like I normally do and get a few years ahead.

I think the forecast is surely wrong.

Maybe this will bring down those four hangers I have in the woods . . . and before anyone asks . . . no . . . this shouldn't be an issue as it is on private land and not anywhere folks normally walk . . . so come on Mother Nature . . . help Firefighterjake.

i hope so, Im starting from scratch on my stacks since I moved this summer, I just dont know when ill have time to scrounge since its already dark by the time i get out of work now :(

Could be ugly.

Just got back from the grocery store. It may be early but trees are already down here. Leaves are left on many trees and holding what is VERY heavy, wet snow.

Lots of limbs down in my neck of the woods already. Gonna be lots of folks without power on this one.

Saw is ready, but I am 42 miles from home at work until at least 8:30 tonight. Roads are already a tree and snow covered mess. Might need a saw to get home.

Flatbedford said:
Saw is ready, but I am 42 miles from home at work until at least 8:30 tonight. Roads are already a tree and snow covered mess. Might need a saw to get home.

I always have one it the truck. One night I did get to cut one across the road for the civil defence. Thery where a little shock when I pull a 460 out and cut it into rounds in just a few min's. Another night the power company knock on the door to see if I had a replacment chain for 200t. I did. lol

No saw in the little city car. I'd probably get locked up if anybody found the 036 in my car while Manhattan.

Flatbedford said:
No saw in the little city car. I'd probably get locked up if anybody found the 036 in my car while Manhattan.

I would take my chances. :lol: Only been there once and glad I was not the driver. I did drive over the George Washington bridge gives a whole new meaning to "Shot the gap"

Driving in NYC is not so bad. Kinda like cutting down a leaner. Be aware and have an escape route. I have done some truck driving in the city. That can be pretty nerve wracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.