Couldn't let Zap do all the work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Found a nail in on of the splits (yard tree).

Attachments

• nail cherry.jpg
    nail cherry.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 305
gzecc said:
Found a nail in on of the splits (yard tree).

How did the chainsaw react?

zap

I didn't saw them. I picked them up already bucked. I split them with a maul and found the nails.

gzecc said:
I didn't saw them. I picked them up already bucked. I split them with a maul and found the nails.

Thats good, I never hit any objects yet but I'm sure it's a matter of time. Looks like Saturday I'll be going back in the woods and go after some hard maple, beech then that good size quaking aspen.

zap

Zap, is that Aspen quaking because it is afraid of you?

KC

What type of wood is it?

zap

Good you didn't "find" the nail while bucking. I've only found one in 4 years, and yesterday while moving wood into the shed, I found 1 split with a thumbtack in the bark. Probably a tree with a "No Trespassing" sign.

Zap, You have any trees left on your property?

gzecc said:
Zap, You have any trees left on your property?

More than enough, only one person was allowed to cut on this property before we bought it and he had his own woodlot. (400 acres)

zap

Zap, I like your definition of woodlot.

Zap, when you're getting close to being "Alright"- (you'll never be done)- I want to visit your botanical garden, see how the low-elevation crowd lives. :) Love your work!

I posted this while back, but I'm gonna get as much mileage out of as I can! Thankfully we missed this one. My buddy was milling that day. I think he milled right to where this round was cut.
0201101455.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.