Counting my blessings at Easter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
;hm At least I have some Sugar Maple...

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
Can't go wrong with Sugar Maple, when was the pic taken Woody Stover?

zp

About an hour ago. I'll have to "resurrect" that section of stack later. Got that stacked a couple months ago. The tree was dying, and bucked last Summer, so I'm hoping it'll be good and dry by this Winter.

If it gets enough sun then it should be ready, we need some rain followed by some warm weather for things to green up here. Calling for a high of 39 tomorrow with rain/snow.

zap

I have a feeling it will 'rise again', woody....Happy Easter to you and yours.

The first thing I noticed in the pic was all the posion ivy. I would be covered from head to toe with it.Nice pile of wood.

Nice pics, making me envious of having some grass and green trees. We got a few inches of snow yesterday... on top of the snow we still have.

Wow Woody. I thought we had some green here but that looks like mid-summer! What a difference a few hundred miles makes.

The first thing I noticed in the pic was all the posion ivy. I would be covered from head to toe with it.
Yeah, that stuff gets almost waist high in some (sunny) spots. I try to be
careful out there but I still get a little bit on me from time to time.
I thought we had some green here but that looks like mid-summer
Some real warm weather and rain last week really made everything take off. Only problem is that the grass is taking off, too!

Looks like some of my stacking work.....Normally I just burn it when that happens.;)

1) Holy crap . . . I cannot believe how green it looks. Everything here still looks pretty brown and yellow with just a few green spots showing here and there.

2) Another reason why I tend to double stack . . . the stacks can lean in to each other a bit and support each other vs. a single stack.

1) Everything here still looks pretty brown and yellow with just a few green spots showing here and there.
Yeah, I'm convinced that the warmer than normal Winter has got us maybe a month ahead of the normal bloom around here.
Looks like some of my stacking work.....Normally I just burn it when that happens.;)
Yeah, too bad it's almost too hot to burn. And that wood probably isn't quite dry enough yet...
Did you get your stove in to try it out in the tail end of the season, or have you slated the installation as a Summer project?

You've got to be kidding? That picture was just taken? How in the hell could everything be so grown up so early in the year?

You've got to be kidding? That picture was just taken? How in the hell could everything be so grown up so early in the year?
+1

Call me a skeptic, but, I'm having a hard time believing that pic was taken in the North anytime yet this year . . .

I can vouch...abnormally green for this early in the year. I've cut the grass 5 times already. I just got into MA and there is a world of difference.

I'm having a hard time believing that pic was taken in the North anytime yet this year . . .
New York...that's north. If I go 12 miles south, I'm in Kentucky. This is very early compared to a normal year; White Ash leaves are coming in strong now. Down in the mid to low 30s the next couple of nights though, so I'll be Firin' the 'view. ==c

I made a wrong turn rode with a chick who made a wrong turn and ended up in KY once. You're correct it was WAY more than 12 miles. We had snow flurries yesterday morning.

It's been spitting snow most of the day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.