Country Pride pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teetah222

Feeling the Heat
Oct 11, 2009
WA state
I found an old post about these from 2 years ago, but I just now found out that the pellet supply I laid in in September is this brand. Just opening the first bag I've got to say I'm pleased with the smell. They smell like fresh wood instead of the off smell that my "Premium Pellets" from Canada had. Loaded the first bag in tonight after cleaning up the stove so I get the best possible burn. Hoping the soot doesn't build as fast as it did with the older pellets.
These pellets even "feel" better when I grab a handful, and not near as much dust from them... and the best part... I only paid $135/pallet load of them! :) Same as the old ones. Will keep you posted on how well the burning goes.

You didnt know what kind of pellets you bought in Sept? Hope theyre good, for that price dont think you could go wrong.

The place I buy them from just says they are Premium Pellets, never the same source every year, but the cost stays the same. Since I use only slightly more than 2 pallets per year I figure even if I use more then I'm still ahead. ;)

They all say Premium Pellets on the bags. Don't see many standard grades out there. Only seen Lumber jacks IIRC. So every dealer I know says they are Premium Pellets. But trust me there is a large difference from one brands premium to another brands.

Always best to take a swing at them yourself before the multi-ton purchase. Many have got stuck with a years supply of garbage. And that aint fun. A pellet with 0.95% ash is still considered premium and thats more ash than most will want to deal with. Heck many here squabble about a pellet with 0.70% ash content. And that's actual weight, Volume makes many seem much much more.

Hey, I just take a lesson from your own signature... "Burning what-ever I can afford to throw in the hopper!" And since they are so cheap I have no problem doing a bit more cleaning. I also use some of the bags for my outdoor fires when I go camping or sit out in the back yard and watch the stars. ;)

Oh, and "Premium Pellets" was the actual brand name on last year's bags. Came out of Canada.

Well, the verdict is in on these pellets. I am loving them, especially after last years batch. They have much lighter, finer ash; don't soot up the windows nearly as bad as the old ones, and I'm going to say that they probably are every bit as good as the NIEL pellets that I burned my first year of having the stove. And the NIEL's cost $50 more per pallet at least. Those were really good pellets, but in this area they were pretty darn expensive. I know they would sound cheap to some of you from the east side of the country, but price is all based on location...

Anyway, I turned off the stove today to clean it after not having done so for about 4 days. Last year's pellets had me doing that every 2 days, and the windows were sooted over at that point. Half the amount of soot and ash today. And they last a lot longer too. I'm going to write a nice letter to the store where I got them and ask them to stock them again next year if it's at all possible. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.